So it wasn't too long ago I was looking at this colour combination and hoping my warp was long enough, and it seems that it was. In fact after weaving my planned shawl and fringe allowance, plus a sample for my records, I was looking at a length of warp still. Not a lot mind you, but enough I couldn't write off simply as 'loom waste' as that would be.... a waste! I had paid $27.99 USD a pound for this and I was going to get something more off the warp before calling it a day.
I had no idea how many full repeats of the pattern I could get off the remaining warp but I would get a least a couple 6-7 inch repeats at least. It would make nice card inserts at the least! It turns out that I managed three full repeats plus a small hem allowance for either end. I wove right down to the wire....
I choose royal blue as my weft as I wanted something to go nicely with the teal green but add a calmness and depth to the pattern. I found myself thinking of my younger sister as I wove and it came to me that this was hers!
I secured the edges and hand washed it. Then steam pressed it up and turned the hem and hand sewed then using a running blind stitch. Wrapped up neatly and parcelled it up to mail away.
Then, after it was gone, I realized I had forgotten to take pictures!
Sister to the rescue..... and here are a few pictures she sent me last night. (click to enlarge)
Trying out different placements on her table...
It turns out that her new decorative glass bowl fits with the table 'square' perfectly!
Some close ups to show the pattern and the amazing iridescence!
This picture shows a bit of a picture on their wall and again, the teal will work with their art.
Almost like it was planned or something 😁
I call these bonus projects and its always a surprise when they appear and seem meant to be!