Here is the cloth off loom and relaxed. Quite a difference isn't it?
I turned the hems and pressed, then hand sewed them. The hem is right against the hemstitching and you could reverse the runners if you like. From here they were hand washed in warm sudsy water, rolled in a towel to semi dry and pressed while damp. After fully drying, I pressed again. Here is a close up picture of the cloth after wet finishing and you can see how the sett tightened up:
It's a stable cloth that's light and airy too.... here's a final picture over our (new to us) old 1930's waterfall style blanket box we found antiquing:
I am going to try and set the draft up in my Fiberworks program for you and edit it back into here when I do. I'm new to importing a 'capture' so bear with me.
One last thing before I go.... I would like to announce a new weaving blog has made it's debut! I invite you to visit and book mark my friend Lynnette's blog " Dust Bunnies under my Loom" She will be sharing her experiences with her new Louet Spring loom " Lily Louet". I would add here that Lynnette is a lovely weaver and does beautiful work. But I am a little biased of course. :)