I would have to say that today was our first truly warm spring day. You know the kind of day where you can open the doors and windows and feel comfortable. We have had a very late, rather cold, wet and blustery spring so far. I'm not one for heat, but even I was saying "enough already". Our gardens are about 2-3 weeks behind and the bees are only just making an appearance. 🌺 🐝
Also making a late appearance is me.... I actually threw a shuttle today for the first time in 2 months and oh, my.... is my arm ever weak and the legs are downright pathetic. Its going to take some time to build up my weaving muscles and tone up again. Always at the back of my mind is the shoulder area that gave me grief and "will this go out on me again?" Still don't know what caused it to begin with.
I spent the time spinning on my Hansen e-spinner and plying up old full bobbins from my other Rose wheel. I'm at ten skeins so far. I've had time to think about my studio and situation and came to some decisions.
- I'm selling my large Leclerc Tissart tapestry loom.
- I'm selling my Majacraft Rose spinning wheel.
- I'm selling my Janome Pro 4DX serger
- I'm selling my back issues of Complex Weavers magazines.
- ......and basically downsizing to what I actually use and enjoy, and the rest is optional.