About a week ago I uploaded these pictures getting ready to write a blog post. I was blissfully ignorant of the trials and tribulations ahead. These have become the last pictures I can access on my computer until I find out if my back up drive has them or not.
Let me back up here.... (pun intended) 😊
I set up my computer that night to do a back up to an external hard drive and woke the next morning to a back up (great!) and a whole new operating system on my Mac "Big Sur" (really not great).
That's when I discovered a few things.
- all my Fiberworks drafts have vanished. (over 500 of them)
- Big Sur won't run a computer dobby and the weaving program developers have no work around and no time line of when they will. Apple isn't helping them either.
- All my 6000+ pictures of family and my weaving were in iPhoto and Big Sur won't support it and so they appear to be all gone too.
- I have a fresh back up on my external hard drive!
- it may have all my photos and a tech *might* be able to locate and shift them to Photo.
- failing that, I have saved emails with all my scanned old family photos.
- Between this blog and ravelry, I can get a lot of my pictures resaved again.
- Its all going to take LOTS of time if the tech can't find and save them first.
- updated the latest version of Fiberworks that will 'shake hands' with Big Sur so I can at least do some design work. It won't however run my Megado....
- to get some thing to run my loom, I needed a Mac with an older operating system on it like High Sierra or Mojave on it. Every OS after that got difficult as Apple made subsequent changes.
- it just so happens my Hubby has an older 2013 Mac with High Sierra on it...... and subsequently was traded my shiny brand new MacBook Pro (2020) with Big Sur for it.
💻 😳 🖥 ⌨️
Okay, enough of my woes and wailing. Let's get to some weaving... This is the scarf project on the Spring loom and just getting started. A rather large size diamond pattern that was approx 7 inches in length for a full repeat. Its 8/2 tencel in amethyst for warp and Pompeii for weft. I really wanted to see this colour combination together and it seems to work nicely. The draft is from Handweaving.net #74014. There is a partial draft at the very end.